Hound Lane is an Australian dog lifestyle journal and community.
We promise to be a high integrity source of quality information for dog owners in a friendly and judgement-free atmosphere.
We produce our own engaging and unique original content and also host a community where members can help each other as well.
Through interviews and story-based content, we showcase the many diverse individuals, businesses, and their dogs, that are a part of a modern dog lifestyle across the country.
Also, part of what we do is to help curate some of the other great information out there for dog owners. Scouring through the vastness of the Internet to bring back a shortlist of the best dog products, services, and information – looking at it through Aussie eyes.
Why are Australian dog owners’ needs unique?
The basics of dog ownership and pet care can be universal. However, we think Australians deserve a dedicated place to talk about all those things that matter uniquely to us.
- Our towns and cities have different facilities and rules for managing life with our dogs.
- Sometimes we have access to limited (or different) products than other international markets (like the US) where a lot of current online information is based.
- We include dogs in our social and family lives uniquely here.
- Laws and medical resources can be different in Australia for products and services intended for animals.
- Australians are renowned for a style that can be more laid back and down-to-earth in many cases – who better than Aussie’s to write this because we already get it.
Lastly, we aim to meet you where you’re at in your dog lifestyle journey. Whether it’s your first dog companion or they’ve always been a part of your life – we all have something to learn. Dogs have individual needs, and our families all have a different set of circumstances and backgrounds.
Ultimately, we want what you want: to create the best life possible for our doggo mates.
Dog Lifestyle Designer | Founder