Our mission at Hound Lane is to help people create the best life possible for their dogs.Bradley Taylor
Founder, Hound Lane
What guides us at Hound Lane
Life is not black and white and no dog owner is formed as the perfect being, understanding everything there is to know about providing perfect dog care.
We strive to “meet you where you’re at” – whatever stage that is. Our principles have been laid out as a straightforward guide for the team at Hound Lane. We hope you also feel they’re important.
- Treating dogs as lifelong companions
- Preferring biologically and species appropriate care
- Respecting individual behaviours and needs
- Developing the mental wellbeing of dogs
- Striving for freedom from pain and disease
- Promoting health and vitality
As caregivers for our dogs, we think it’s about moving from left to → right on the table below. Along the way there isn’t judgment – just facts, care and a curiosity to always do better.
|From here →|
|Trying to fight nature with harsh chemicals and medicines at all costs|
|Gimmicks and marketing hype that have little basis of evidence|
|Dogs as playthings and puppets for our amusement|
|Health and wellbeing only being available to an exclusive few|
|→ To here|
|Respecting nature and preferring biologically appropriate approaches|
|Using science, research and technology responsibly|
|Dogs being part of the family, yet, retaining their doggy sense of self|
|Making quality information, products & services available to as many people and their dogs as possible|
How our business chooses to behave as a team.
- Leading with creativity and invention
- Bouncing back from our false starts
- Knowing when to break the rules
- Empathising with our community
- Working fast without sacrificing service
- Being flexible about what success looks like
- Putting honesty and transparency first
- Maintaining individual perspective within a team
- Innovating rapidly and executing brilliantly
- Being forever curious
We’re committed to living up to these principles, and also expect that our team will evolve them over time as we improve and gain more understanding about our dogs, ourselves, and our customers.
The Hound Lane team.